Increasing Pace & Scale of Africa’s Renewable Energy Projects
21 Jun 2023
Interactive Boardroom, Chatham House Rule
Tackling Intermittency Issues in Africa Through Renewables
- How can wind, solar and hydrogen come together as a baseload?
- What is the right scale for these types of projects to make investments viable?
- How can the grid prepare to soak up these projects?
- Do we need batteries for these projects – what are the pros and cons?
- What is the procurement structure for these projects - single EPC or disaggregate structure?
Stephen Nzioka, Senior Deputy Director, Renewables - Ministry of Energy & Petroleum, Republic of Kenya