The Africa Energy Forum’s 20th anniversary in Mauritius reflected on the progress and achievements of the AEF community over the last 20 years.
We celebrated all the megawatts that the AEF community have put on the grid and lives changed as a result, and analysed the obstacles to be overcome over the next few years to accelerate project development. Before we embark on a roadmap for the next 20 years in Lisbon this June, revisit these key presentations and reflections pieces from AEF 2018.
Several presentations and articles followed this reflections theme:
- Independent Power Projects in Sub-Saharan Africa - 20 years of investment trends and lessons
Prof Anton Eberhard, University of Cape Town
- Africa Talks: 1998-2018: How Far Have We Come?
Bertrand de la Borde, Regional Head of Industry, Africa Infrastructure, International Finance Corporation
- Reflections on the Last 20 years: Nigeria’s Energy Sector
Mukhtaar Tijani, Special Assistant to the President on Power, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Reflection A vibrant energy market
Mukhtaa Jon Marks and David Slater, African Energy
- The Africa Energy Forum celebrates its 20th edition
Rod & Evelyne Cargill, Founders, Africa Energy Forum