We recognise these are uncertain and difficult times for individuals, organisations and countries across the world.
At EnergyNet we are examining the advice of the authorities before making a final decision on what actions we should be taking in the best interests of our aef attendees and the event itself.
We ask you to bear with us whilst we make our decision which we promise to do as soon as possible. We are very much aware of the impact of our actions on the aef community, and want to take the time to get it right.
We know our decision will affect many of you, so below you can find some frequently asked questions regarding your attendance at aef 2020.
What happens if the conference is postponed?
If you’ve already purchased your ticket or sponsorship package, this will be rolled over onto the new dates. If for any reason you are unable to make the new dates, you can roll over your attendance to aef 2021.
What actions are the aef organisers taking to ensure the safety of attendees during this time?
We have implemented a number of additional safety measures which include making hand sanitizer readily available to all attendees, educating attendees on personal hygiene measures and also having an action plan in place to manage anyone who does not feel well. These include:
• Increased cleaning and disinfection programme across all high-volume touch points, e.g. catering areas, surfaces, handrails, WCs, entrances/exits, public touch-screens etc., along with the use of correct cleaning/sanitising materials and products
• Onsite medical support
• Awareness via online and onsite info-share and signage
• Availability of sanitising and disinfection materials for public use
• Awareness and training to all staff on standard personal preventative measures
• Advice to exhibitors on implementing effective cleaning and disinfection of stands, offices along with guidance on personal hygiene measures and common preventive behaviour
• Installing signage onsite reminding attendees of hygiene recommendations
• Implementing a microphone and glass disinfecting and change protocol for all speaker sessions
What if my firm or country imposes a travel ban?
Unfortunately, EnergyNet cannot be held responsible for individual company or country travel policies. We strongly recommend you follow your own country’s advice on travel before planning your journey to aef.
Please bear with us
Please rest assured that the safety of all sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, delegates and suppliers remains our top priority during this difficult time. We are currently monitoring the coronavirus/COVID-19 situation on a daily basis, and will keep our community fully informed of any developments.
In the meantime if you have additional questions please feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com