ESB International is an international energy engineering consultancy wholly owned by the Irish state electricity company ESB, a fully integrated power utility established in 1927. In 2022, ESB had a 31% share of generation in the Island of Ireland market (via ESB Generation and Trading) and a 41% share of electricity supply in the Island of Ireland market (via Electric Ireland).
As a utility-based consultant, we have developed, maintained, and operated resilient energy infrastructure internationally for five decades and in Ireland for 100 years – it’s in our DNA.
Drawing on our unique experience, we collaborate with our clients to navigate technological and environmental challenges to deliver robust electricity infrastructure. As the world embraces low-carbon solutions, we have the expertise to guide our clients on that journey, and we are driven to make a difference.
We have developed, designed, project-managed, constructed and commissioned all the generation plants in the ESB generation portfolio and provide ongoing asset management and engineering services to support the development and enhancement of the Irish transmission and distribution networks.
To date, we have completed projects in over 120 countries worldwide and specialise in:
- Utility Management & Transformation
- Electricity Sector Strategic Consultancy & Energy Transition
- Emerging Technology Insights & Advisory Services including Smart Energy Networks
- Transmission & Distribution Engineering, Supervisory & Advisory services up to 400kV
- Generation O&M, Asset Management, Owners Engineer & Advisory Services for Thermal & Renewable Assets